Sunday, November 13, 2011

Beauty is Only Skin Deep

On the outside, all looks fine...smiling, lovely ladies. But, deep inside the mind of one of the ladies lurks a mind fighting Alzheimer's disease. I hate that physically healthy, good looking ladies like these have to struggle with something so beyond their control...especially when one of them is my mother.

One minute clear, next minute angry, another minute clueless. One thing is for sure, I'm learning a lot about flexibility and nimbleness. My reactions aren't so judgemental, but more calm. My moods aren't so much dictated by an other's mood. I'm learning to take one day at a time.

Sure, I need to be thinking about Plan B and what I will do when, and if. Sure, there are lots of papers that need to be put in order, and lawyers to be contacted, and people lined up for home care. But, today, I need to look at this picture and dwell on the outside of these good looking ladies. Occasionally, I need to rest from thinking about Plan B.

Besides, today is Sunday, and God commanded that we use it for a day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment